Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Friday 27 December 2013

Caspar Auchterlonie would have been 46 today

 
Caspar Auchterlonie: 28.12.1967-10.4.2012


Serendipity perhaps? 

Yesterday as I was sorting through some images taken during 2007 I came across this shot of Caspar Auchterlonie, which I took at the Circle of Wine Writers' Christmas Party in early December 2007. I hadn't got round to labelling these photos, they still had just their image codes so I had little idea of what I would find. Completely by chance I came across this photo of Caspar, who sadly died at the ridiculously young age of 44 in April 2012. See the tribute by Chris Losh, editor of imbibe here.

Having decided that I wanted to post the photo of Caspar today, I searched on Google to check when he died and discovered to my amazement that 28th December was his birthday – he would have been 46 today.

Fittingly, as I post this, I have a glass of Waitrose's very fine Lustau Dry Oloroso Solera Reserva to hand and lip. Cheers Caspar!   

     

1 comment:

Pamela Heiligenthal said...

Wow, he was way to young...so sad.