Awards and citations:


1997: Le Prix du Champagne Lanson Noble Cuvée Award for investigations into Champagne for the Millennium investment scams

2001: Le Prix Champagne Lanson Ivory Award for investdrinks.org

2011: Vindic d'Or MMXI – 'Meilleur blog anti-1855'

2011: Robert M. Parker, Jnr: ‘This blogger...’:

2012: Born Digital Wine Awards: No Pay No Jay – best investigative wine story

2012: International Wine Challenge – Personality of the Year Award




Monday 15 January 2018

Newtonmore: white stuff on Blue Monday

The start of the snow around 3-3.30 Monday afternoon


Following a few days when it has been warmer making the black ice that unfortunately caused me to slide and rupture my quads from my left knee on Tuesday 2nd January disappear, snow and colder weather has returned to the Scottish Highlands this afternoon with a series of snow showers.Inthe interim I have been able to venture out on my crutches to get some much needed exercise.

Some more snow has fallen this evening lying now on the roads but only a maximum of two inches thick. More is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. Whatever I'm going t have to remain inside while the snow remains – can't afford to do myself further damage ....  

After a few snow showers it seems again 
to be snow with more determination

No comments: